You already may know that buying a new car means giving up huge value as soon as you drive off the dealer’s lot. The world of recreational vehicle sales—RV sales—is much the same. You can buy a new RV for $85,000 and, having no room in your driveway to store it, spend thousands for RV storage rates, drive it two or three summers, and then find it is worth around $15,000 at resale. Wise customers who know a bargain will turn to Jumping Jack Cash, the premier Colorado pawn shop, to buy their RV, motorhome, camper or trailer.
Buying an RV
Say you are in the market for an Airstream Excella Series M-25 Widebody trailer. You are happy to take a 1996 model, realizing it probably only saw 10 summers of use. This tow-behind 25-foot beauty was worth $34,352 originally (base price), but today will cost between $3,900 and $4,680.
Nobody can guarantee that particular trailer will be available on Jumping Jack Cash’s Denver lot the day you stop by. Be open to other possibilities, and bring your internet device with you to do on-the-spot research.
At Jumping Jack Cash we are not afraid for you to find the fair market value of any of our great RV and motorhome bargains. We did not pay full sticker price, so you do not have to, either!
What to Look for in an RV
The first concern with any trailer, fifth wheel or RV is safety. Your camper has to get down the road to the campsite without endangering your own family or anyone else. Things to check:
- Undercarriage—No rust, bends, broken welds or cracks in the frame.
- Wheels, tires and axles—Except for new (younger than five years) tires, plan on replacing the used RV’s tires to prevent dry rot from causing a vacation-interrupting blowout.
- Inside—Check for stains that show leaks, no soft spots on the floor, and smooth-acting doors, drawers and slides.
- Space—When you leave your 2,000-square-foot home for a vacation in a 400-square-foot trailer, you have to give up notions of wide hallways and spacious tables; move around and make certain you feel comfortable inside the RV.
Selling your Motorhome
You already know an RV loses value after you buy it. If you are ready to sell, we are ready to buy. We will give you the fairest, highest price possible for your camper. We have expert appraisers on site at our Denver and Aurora locations to inspect your RV and tell you our best offer right away.
To get the most from selling your RV to Jumping Jack Cash, get your RV in order:
- Collect the original RV manuals that came with your travel trailer.
- Give the camper a thorough cleaning, top to bottom and inside out.
- If you are selling a tow-behind camper or trailer, provide a log showing your actual towed miles.
- If you are selling a motorized RV, perform maintenance such as an oil change, air filter change and battery check.
- Summarize past maintenance and costs.
- Calculate your actual fuel consumption as accurately as possible.
We cannot emphasize enough the importance of a clean RV. Nobody wants to step into an RV—on a dealer lot, in our pawn shops or through private sales—and smell musty, stale or sour odors. A truly clean RV with higher mileage will usually sell better than an unkempt, low-mileage RV.
Getting a Loan on your Camper or RV
Cash for RV owners is just a quick trip away. You drove your motorhome all summer, and with winter holidays approaching you can make one more trip—to Jumping Jack Cash, to get a cash loan to pay for holiday presents for the whole family. Leave your RV with us for no more than 30 days, and we can work with you to ensure you get it back. The year-end bonus may come two weeks too late for your shopping, and nobody wants to add debt to credit cards.
Bring your camper or trailer down to Jumping Jack Cash and we can take possession of the title and RV for up to 30 days. We charge low-interest rates and run no credit checks. To get the maximum loan value on motorhome pawns, make sure your RV is clean and in good shape.
As long as keep up payments, you can safely store your RV through the winter months and have some money in your pocket! Come spring, pay off the loan, take back your Gulf Stream dream and hit the road in style. Visit Jumping Jack Cash and get started!